(Last Updated June: 2018)
Reviews I Have Written on Wanna One: “Energetic” and “Burn it Up” (August 2017)
Wanna One was formed from the second season of the wildly popular survival show Produce 101 (MNET). Though the members all come from different agencies, they will promote as a group through the end of December 2018.
Agency: Swing Entertainment (current), YMC Entertainment (former), Stone Entertainment
- I still don’t completely understand how their management works, but here’s what I’ve gathered. When Wanna One debuted, they were managed by YMC Entertainment like I.O.I. was. They are in the process of transitioning to Swing Entertainment, a brand-new agency that will focus solely on Wanna One’s promotions until the group’s disbandment on December 31. I think Stone Entertainment produces and/or distributes their music videos.
Debut Date: August 7, 2017
Name Meaning: “Everyone will come together” (which explains all of the number/mathematics themed album names)
Greeting: “All I wanna do!”
Fandom Name: Wannable – I think it’s a combination of the words of “wanna” and “able,” because the official meaning is that Wanna One and their fans can achieve anything together
Fandom Color: I’m not sure they ever picked one, but I affiliate them with light blue (the color of Produce 101 Season 2).
Sub-Units: (for special album 1÷x=1 (Undivided)):
- Lean on Me (Jisung, Sungwoon, Minhyun)
- The Heal (Sungwoo, Daehwi)
- Triple Position (Jaehwan, Daniel, Woojin)
- No.1 (Jihoon, Jinyoung, Guanlin)
Most Recent Release: “Light” (June 2018), 1st special album 1÷x=1 (Undivided)
Members: Jisung, Sungwoon, Minhyun, Sungwoo, Jaehwan, Daniel, Jihoon, Woojin, Jinyoung, Daehwi, Guanlin
Age Range: 1991-2001
More about “Hyung Line” (Jisung, Sungwoon, Minhyun, Sungwoo, Jaehwan, Daniel)
More about “Maknae Line” (Jihoon, Woojin, Jinyoung, Daehwi, Guanlin)